Tuesday, 30 August 2011

LOUIS ROEDERER CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH

I was very privileged to be able to go to the Louis Roederer champagne brunch on Sunday morning at the Hyatt hotel.

It was absolutely mind blowing, besides the fact that your champagne glasses were never allowed to be empty and were constantly being topped up either with the Louis Roederer Brut 2004 and Louis Roederer Rose 2006, but we were also all treated to a glass of Louis Roederer Cristal 2004, wow, amazing, words cannot describe.

On top of the endless supply of champagne was an endless supply of food that once again was out of this world, where even as a chef I did not know where to start.

There were tables of breads, cheeses, cold meats, salads, seafood from spider crab clause to giant prawns to lobsters, then a roast leg of beef that was so huge I don't even want to know what the actual size of the animal was, whole baby pork, curries and stews, one of my favourites was white wine risotto served in a giant Parmesan wheel so as you scrapped some of the risotto onto your plate the heat of the risotto had melted some of the Parmesan and you scrapped a cheesy, creamy risotto.

I'm sure I have forgotten a lot of the other savoury food but I have to move onto the dessert which could have been awarded a gold medal, besides from the presentation of all the decadent desserts the taste of each was amazing.

I think I sampled everything from mini tiramisu cakes to macaroons, mini chocolate mousse domes, puff pastry crisps, homemade ice creams, apple strudels with vanilla sauce, baumkuchen dipped in chocolate and YES I did eat all of it....

This Sunday was one of the high lights of my year.